What is Clean Eating?
I make food that is low in natural sugar (no refined sugar), no dairy, no grain and no alcohol. These pancakes include syrup at the end for those who want it, but personally I don’t use it right now while I am healing.
These pancakes hit the spot on my healing journey and the littles love them. Surprised? I was a little surprised too! Add whatever flavor you personally love, we tried cardamom, cinnamon and apples.
1. In a small bowl, whisk together coconut flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the 3 tablespoons of coconut oil, chia gel and banana until mostly smooth. A few small lumps of coconut oil is normal. Whisk the eggs in one at a time. Add the coconut milk, almond extract or vanilla extract, and lemon juice.
3. Fold in the dry ingredients with a spatula, and mix until combined, not overly mixed.
4. Heat about 1 teaspoon coconut oil in a large sauté pan over medium high heat.
5. Add batter (1 heaping tablespoon makes one pancake) drop a few blueberries on each pancake and cook for about 2-3 minutes on first side. Be sure to check and flip when golden brown. Cook for 1-2 minutes on the other side.
6. This recipe made about 10 pancakes, you may find you do not need too much oil in the pan, since there is coconut oil in the pancakes.
7. Serve with Maple Syrup.
*Tip: Add a clean protein powder, like organic pumpkin seed protein powder for the littles!
You must be logged in to post a comment